How to Apply for an EON Card

I admit... my experience with Unionbank is not that good... unfortunately, that's the easiest way to get a debit card which is accepted by Paypal. At that time, I really don't have any idea on how it works. Nobody ever guided me or walked me through the process...all I did is I sign up for Payperpost (as instructed by my friend Joedel) and when I've learned that I need to have a paypal account so payperpost could pay me ... I hurriedly signed up for one. Unfortunately there is a part on the registration process in which you need to associate a certain local account to your paypal. I got curious but I don't have anyone to ask as Joedel is most of the time offline (through YM that is) and no one from my few set of friends know anything about these things. I relied on google and online forums that tackles topics about paypal processes. I've learned through different forums that getting an Eon Debit Card is the fastest and easiest way to have a debit card. I hurriedly called Union Bank's Customer Service and asked how to apply for one. The Customer Service Representative informed me that I need to go to one of Union Bank outlets so I could fill out an application. The following day, after my shift - I hurriedly went to their Cubao branch to do as what the representative told me...unfortunately I came too early. I thought most of the banks opens at 9 am but the guard told me I need to wait for an hour more because they opens at 10 am. I am sooo sleepy and tired at that time as my shift ended at 7am. I just told myself that it's okey since I would soon be getting my debit card and would now be able to withdraw my hard earned money (by the way, I already have a hundred dollar on my unverified Paypal account which is equivalent to around php 4000 as $1=P40 at that time). Finally, at 10 am.. I hurriedly went to the counter and asked the representative that I would like to apply for an EON Debit Card...and to my surprise, the guy told me (coldly) that they are not giving out registration forms anymore and the application for an EON Card is done online. I almost collapsed after hearing that but still politely thanked the guy. There's no point in getting mad anymore, he could not help me anyway.

So I did as what the guy from Unionbank Cubao told me...I registered online by going to UnionBank website and registered online. As of this time, I think Union Bank is having some
upgrade (yeah, they should have) so they are requiring those who want to apply for one to go to the nearest branch.

Here's what you'll gonna see in their website.

"To our valued guests,
We apologize for the inconvenience. The Eon online application form is currently being upgraded to provide you with a more improved Eon CyberAccount Card. Watch out for the new Eon CyberAccount. Coming soon.
To apply for an Eon card, kindly visit your nearest UnionBank branch.
Thank you."

Just a tip, I suggest that you take note of your preferred branch's telephone number so you could follow it up. Application process usually takes 3 weeks and you will be notified through email (or mail) that you can now pick up your card. Before you pick it up, I suggest you first call the branch where you applied for the card just to make sure - click here for the list of their branch locations and contact numbers. The processing fee is php 350 and bring along 2 Identification Cards as well. I'll teach you how to associate that with your paypal account on my next post. Till then!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess nothing is perfect in this world. Unfortunately we really need a bank.

Thanks for the visit Blogearner, sure we can xlink. please buzz me when ur done adding my 4 blogs.
Beyond The Rave Reality
Computer and Electronics
Personal Blog Money
Seek Health. Feel Great

vicy said...

This is very helpful to me sis..I will go to union bank right away tomorrow..mmmwah

myles said...

hay, hopefully its just a part of their upgrade. I myself waited for almost 2 months to get my eon card. dont worry, you'll gonna get ur card din soon. =)

"Blogger leviuqse said...

i had a hell-ish time in unionbank too...

up until now, no card!"

myles said...

done adding both of your blogs here. thanks for adding me.
"rgbconnections said...

Sure..thanks for the visit..http://rgb.blogsome.com

if you like you can also link me with my domain it's http://rgbconnections.net"

myles said...

I could'nt agree more. done adding all ur blogs. =)
"Blogger anneberly said...

I guess nothing is perfect in this world. Unfortunately we really need a bank."

myles said...

I could'nt agree more. done adding all ur blogs. =)
"Blogger anneberly said...

I guess nothing is perfect in this world. Unfortunately we really need a bank."

Post a Comment