Thanks Mr. Blogger!

I would like to show you how I started it all. I admit, I am not so familiar with so many blogging applications (actually I am only familiar with one, haha!) – thanks to Mr. Blogger. There are a lot of free blogging websites available such as wordpress.com , i.ph , vox.com , livejournal.com etc but for novices like me…I really suggest you to use blogger software. Besides, master Google manages this site so you are assured that you are placing your blog in good hands. I have only one complaint about a blogger sponsored blog– it does’nt allow you to add a new page to your existing blog (unlike wordpress). You can add a tab in your blog but you need to link it in a post you’ve made within the blog itself. But generally, its fine. Actually, I think this is the easiest way to learn how to blog as the interface is user friendly. You just need to learn how to identify different functions of each page elements and you’ll be fine. Besides, you can start by getting a blogger blog – your website would have a domain extension blogspot.com – eg: you want to name your site starsareblind – then the url you’ll gonna need to access your website would be "www.starsareblind.blogspot.com" (depending on its availability).

I specifically made this blog for those people who have a little or no idea at all on how to make a blog and how to make money out of it that’s why I am speaking generally in layman’s term or in the simplest term I can. So please bear with me dear readers if I tend to emphasize on certain words that I feel a newbie can’t understand unless I make an example out of it. I am also not very good in English grammar so if there is any grammatically incorrect words or phrases…please bear with me as well.

Ok, first things first – you need to know what topic you’ll gonna use to start a blog. I suggest you write about things that you are knowledgeable of. For example, you’re good in doing beaded accessories…you can post things that would help others on how to make a cute charm bracelet and post pictures of your creation. If you are someone who is very fond of reading books, you could write a blog showing brief summaries of those books and give your recommendations. Or if you are a teacher of music – you can write about things associated with music. You can write Any topic that you feel you are capable of sharing to others, anything that interests you…or if you feel you have nothing to offer or have no specific topic in mind…you can write a personal blog. More like an online diary. It’s not so hard to do as you would only put in things that you have in mind. Anything goes. You can share your happiness, bitterness, anger, excitement and other emotions though it. Just be yourself. I myself started with a personal blog and I’m happy I did. Whenever I read my previous posts on that blog, I remember old memories that most likely I would not remember if I was’nt able to take note of it. So if you have no specific area of interest – stick with a personal blog.

Secondly, you need to think of the perfect title of your blog. Of course, you need to think of a word that would be of relevance to the topic that you would pick. If for example you picked writing about how to make a beaded accessories – you might want to pick “beadmaker” , therefore your website would have a url (or website address) www.beadmaker.blogspot.com (if its still available). I’ve read an article before that the shorter the name of your website, the better. Besides the fact that people would most likely remember a one word website address like www.emotera.com than a three word site with the same title www.iamemotera.com , they said Google will most likely give you a credit for having a shorter one. Any website would want to have the approval of master Google as it is the authority that gives out page rank on a particular site. I’ll gonna tackle all I know about page rank on my next posts. Just remember that a higher pagerank means a higher website credibility at least at Google’s eyes.

So you already have the topic and a name of your website in mind…it’s time to have the ball rolling...



0 comments:

Post a Comment